mAadhaar app is an official mobile application created by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in which you can link your Aadhaar card.
As Aadhaar card has been made mandatory to avail many services, people have to show their Aadhaar card at many places. It is also necessary to link Aadhaar with bank account, mobile number, PAN card, UAN etc. to avail the benefits of various subsidies under various government schemes. Therefore, this document is very important. If someone carries the original copy of Aadhaar everywhere, Aadhaar card can also be lost. Hence, to address this, UIDAI has brought in a digital partner, mAadhaar.
With the mAadhaar app, Aadhaar card holders can link their profile and use it anytime, anywhere.
What is mAadhaar Mobile App?
mAadhaar is an app created by UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India which aims to promote the technology.
Following are required to use mAadhaar app
Following are the things required to use mAadhaar app because without these you cannot login Aadhaar.
- Your Aadhaar Card Number or QR Code of your Aadhaar Card.
2 You need to register a mobile number in your aadhaar card and install that mobile number in your mobile because the Otp you need will come on it.
- Now I will not say that mobile phone is required and internet connection is required because without these you cannot access internet.
How to setup mAadhaar app?
- First open mAadhaar app, you will ask for some permissions, allow all permissions
- Now your app will open. Then click skip below and click I Consent.
- From here you have to select your language and click on continue.
- Then you have to enter the mobile number and click on the next button below
- Now you will get 6 digit Otp on your mobile number, enter it and click on submit button below
- This way you will login to the app. Now you have to add your Aadhaar in it, for that click on Register My Aadhaar above.
- Here you need to generate your aadhaar 4 digit password, enter any 4 digits and then enter the same password again in confirmation password.
- Now on the next page you have to enter your Aadhaar number, a captcha will be shown below it, write the captcha and click Send Otp.
- Now a 6 digit Otp will be sent to the mobile number registered in your Aadhaar card, enter it and click on Verify.
After doing this, your Aadhaar will be unlocked. You can see it.
The key features in mAadhaar:
- Multilingual : In order to ensure the Aadhaar Services are accessible to linguistically diverse residents of India, the menu, button labels and form fields are provided in English as well as in 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu). After installation, the user will be prompted to select any of the preferred languages. However, the input fields in the forms will accept data entered in the English language only. This is done to help the user avoid facing the challenges of typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
- Universality: Resident with or without Aadhaar can install this App in their smart phones. However to avail personalized Aadhaar services the resident will have to register their Aadhaar Profile in the App.
- Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile: The mAadhaar user can avail the featured services for themselves as well as for any other resident seeking Aadhaar or related help. The functionalities are broadly grouped as :
- Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter
- Request Status Services: To help residents check the status of various online requests
- My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holders where the resident will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services. In addition, this section also provides facilities for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.
- Aadhaar Locking – Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime they wish.
- Biometric locking/unlocking secures biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once the resident enables the Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked until the Aadhaar Holder chooses to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
- TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password that can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – To update view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder helps Aadhaar users share their password-protected eKYC or QR code for safe and paperless verification.
- Multi-profile: Aadhaar holder can include multiple (up to 3) profiles (with the same registered mobile number) in their profile section.
- Aadhaar Services on SMS ensures Aadhaar holder avail of Aadhaar services even when there is no network. This needs SMS permission.
- Locate the Enrollment Center helps the user find the nearest Enrollment Center.