We all know that we should be losing some weight. We know that we need to eat
less and exercise more. But do you know what you should be eating? This article will
help you get started.
1) Cut out the junk food. If you have to eat something for dinner, choose low fat or fat
free options. You can also try making your own salad or soup instead of ordering out.
2) Try to limit your intake of red meat. Red meat has been shown to raise your
cholesterol levels and increase your risk of heart disease. Instead, opt for leaner cuts
of meat such as chicken breast and turkey.
3) Cut back on fatty meats. Fatty meats like beef, pork and lamb contain high
amounts of saturated fat which can increase your risk of heart disease and cancer.
Instead, opt for lean meats like chicken breast and turkey.
4) Choose fish over red meat. Fish is a great alternative to red meat. Fish contains
omega 3 fatty acids which are essential in lowering your risk of heart disease.
5) Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are an excellent source of
vitamins and minerals which are essential in maintaining good health. They are also
rich in fiber which helps control your blood sugar levels and keeps you feeling full.
6) Drink more water. Water is a natural diuretic which helps you lose weight. It also
helps keep your skin hydrated which is important in keeping you looking young and
7) Drink more tea. Tea has been shown to have many benefits including weight loss.
Green tea in particular has been shown to lower your risk of heart disease and
8) Try to avoid sugary foods. Sugar is a simple carbohydrate which does not provide
your body with much nutrition. The sugar you consume is turned into fat which can
cause you to gain weight. Instead, try to eat complex carbohydrates which are found
in whole grains, legumes, and vegetables.